- Step 1 Clean and dry the new tattoo and surrounding skin (lotions or ointments are not necessary).
- Step 2 Cut the Saniderm tattoo aftercare bandage to allow at least 1 inch of Saniderm to be in contact with undamaged skin. More extra room is suggested in highly mobile areas.
- Step 3 Peel off the paper backing to reveal the adhesive side.
- Step 4 Gently apply the bandage using light pressure. For best results, ensure that the skin is in a neutral position.
- Step 5 Remove the plastic backing, leaving only Saniderm on the skin.
- Step 6 Wear the first bandage for 24 hours, depending on how much the tattoo weeps. Remove the first bandage, clean and dry the area, apply a second bandage. Bandages applied after the first can be worn for up to 6 days.